Saturday 2 July 2016

Stratford River Festival

I like boats and i like Stratford-upon-Avon, put the two together and its a sure win. Thats what they have done with the Stratford River Festival which i went to today. The festival is held every year and as with the two previous occasions i have been dozens of narrowboats and other river craft converge on the old town. I'm there clicking away with my camera like crazy of course.

Its also a good excuse to get down to Stratford, i don't go there as much as i used to. When i was doing my dissertation (which was on the economic effects of a horse drawn tramway on Stratford's economy in the early 19th century - in case you ask) i was going down nearly every week to access the archives. Well this is my second trip of the year so lets see if we can make it a hat trick before the end of December.

You can see the photos i took today here.